About This File
This mod aims to improve and tweak the various meta/data files within GTA for a more realistic, less insane game environment. Currently, this mod alters/changes the following:
- Completely removes ambient police pursuits.
- Tones down other built-in ambient crime events.
- Attempts to stop random peds stealing your car. (I rarely noticed this in my own game, so I cant be sure the fix works. Feedback welcomed!)
- Fixes many incorrect AI Handling settings - now sports/super cars will be driven as such, while junky cars are more likely to be driven slow.
- Increases vehicle damage multipliers for more realistic crashes. PIT's are much more likely to be successful, but also more dangerous without a good ram bar.
- Reduced vehicle drag across the board, allowing vehicles to reach higher top speeds. Additional tweaking to actual top speeds / drive force will come in future updates.
- Reduced brake efficiency across the board to give cars a more realistic feel. This results in more lively traffic in a number of ways, from minor (and major) fender benders to an increase in red-light runners.
I am working on many more improvements and will likely release an update once I've got a chance to thoroughly test these other improvements.