Ad blocking software detected.

Revenue from ads helps cover the costs of running the server. Please consider white-listing darkmyre.net to help support the ongoing operation of the website.

GTA 5 Steam version not opening after adding mods

Daniel Jacob

Hey everyone i hope i can post this here.

I've just spend the last hour and a half adding 11 mods (i will list the below in case it helps)  to GTA 5 Steam version and after trying to open it, its coming up saying game files corrupt.
I installed all the mods as the instructions said and double checked everything before moving on to installing the next mod what could i have done wrong?

Mods list
1: LSPDFR
2: Patrol Toolkit v4.2
3: ELS v1.05
4: Search Warrant v4
5: OZGTA
6: LSPDFR Comes Alive v2
7: Emergency Response v1
8: [ELS] NSW Ambulance Sprinter by @Moose

9: [REL] NSW Police General Duties Ford Falcon XT
10:NSW SCANIA FIRE RESCUE PUMPER
11:NSW Emergency Siren Pack

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Staff

Game files being corrupt is usually an issue installing a vehicle or similar (so in your case, either OZGTA or one of the vehicles). Most likely cause is probably a typo in one of the vehicles meta file entries (vehicles.meta, handling.meta etc). Even something as simple as a missing < or > in these files can break the game. These files are XML format, so as a first step I'd be putting any meta files you edited through something like this: Validate XML files (xmlvalidation.com) - it should highlight very quickly if there's an error in one, and usually it'll just be a missing bracket you can add in.

• 1 year later...
On 1/20/2021 at 5:52 AM, Daniel Jacob said:

Hey everyone i hope i can post this here.

I've just spend the last hour and a half adding 11 mods (i will list the below in case it helps)  to GTA 5 Steam version and after trying to open it, its coming up saying game files corrupt.
I installed all the mods as the instructions said and double checked everything before moving on to installing the next mod what could i have done wrong?

Mods list
1: LSPDFR
2: Patrol Toolkit v4.2
3: ELS v1.05
4: Search Warrant v4
5: OZGTA
6: LSPDFR Comes Alive v2
7: Emergency Response v1
8: [ELS] NSW Ambulance Sprinter by @Moose

9: [REL] NSW Police General Duties Ford Falcon XT
10:NSW SCANIA FIRE RESCUE PUMPER
11:NSW Emergency Siren Pack

I had a similar problem. So I decided to install the mods one by one and found the problem in the "Emergency Response v1" mod. Playing without it 🙂 OZGTA also sometimes fails.

Edited by Pokitren